Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Week 8---not too good

So once again, the weekdays go well and then the weekend sucks. After next week, I’m going to be changing up my training plan. I talked with a buddy of mine and 13.5hrs for your prep phase is a little steep. I’m going to drop it down to about 9-10hrs each week. This means I will be revamping my entire training schedule, but that’s cool. It shouldn’t be too hard to refigure everything.
I’ve also decided to alter my race calendar. I will not be doing IM 70.3 in Orlando in May. Instead, I’m going to do a half-iron distance tri in Panama City in May. The race follows the same course as the IM race in November. This way I can have a little bit of practice on the same course.

Onto the training…

Monday
WO 1: Masters Swim. I finished the entire set this time. It’s one of those man, I don’t want to feelings, but you feel awesome after you do it. 75mins, 2550m (1.58mi)
WO 2: Strength Training. The MT phase is a lot quicker…35mins

Tuesday
WO 1: Prep Phase Run-S1. Not a good interval run. I never could find my legs. 2.31mi, 30mins
WO 2: Prep Phase Bike-E1. Easy endurance ride on the trainer. I tried to focus on relaxing my lower legs and feet. 28.3mi, 75min.

Wednesday
WO 1: Masters Swim. Felt great on the swim. I might try to get there earlier to work on more drills and try to improve my stroke/form. 75mins, 2500m (1.55mi)
WO 2: Strength Training. MT Phase 35 mins. Didn’t feel great in the gym at first, but felt great afterwards.

Thursday
Sometimes, you are just tired and need a break

Friday
WO 1: Masters Swim. I think the rest on Thursday paid off b/c I felt awesome in the water! 75mins, 2750m (1.71mi)

The weekend was a bust. I didn’t ride or run at all. I could copout and blame the weather, but I should’ve dragged my butt out of bed both mornings. These would have been my last big workouts before my first full marathon. Hopefully, it is a blessing to give them this rest.

So out of a planned 13.5hrs, I got in 6.17hrs. Next week (race week!!) is going to be an easy week. So far it hasn’t been very productive. I’m just hoping to stay loose and keep my legs rested. Nutrition will be a big focus for this week leading up to the gun going off. It’s gonna be a close, but I might be able to hit my goal “fighting weight” of 238. We will see. Today (Wednesday) I’m sitting right at 240. I finally dropped past that stupid 242 wall. Right now, the forecast for Saturday is cold and rainy. It ought to be an interesting first marathon.

Eric’s Quote of the Day: no quote, just a shoutout to my buddy Justin (Cornbread & Shiftin) for finishing the St. Jude’s marathon this past weekend with a time of 4:24:58. Not his goal of 3:30, but still awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment