Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Week 2 & a beach trip

Well, two weeks down now. I was on vacation this past week from Wednesday to Sunday. We went down with MH’s family to Grayton Beach, FL to celebrate Toni’s last chemo day! It has been a long road, and she has shown us all how to glorify God. Her attitude through it all has amazed me.

Somehow, I managed to get some workouts in this week…

Monday
Workout 1 – Master Swim – Skipped (I suck at getting up on Mondays)
Workout 2 - Phase AA Strength Training (50mins)

Tuesday
Workout 1 – Run S1 (intervals) – skipped too much work to do before I leave
Workout 2 – Bike E2 (endurance ride) – skipped too much work to do

Wednesday
Travel Day = no workouts

Thursday
Workout 1 – Quick and easy ride on 30-A (10 miles, 50mins)
Workout 2 – Transition Run – E1 (1.5 miles, 20mins)

Friday
Workout 1 – Endurance Run E1 – Ran to Watercolor and back. Beautiful outside. Ran 5mins/walked 2. Total distance of 5 miles; total time of 1:08

Saturday
Workout 1 – Endurance Run E1 – Ran through Seaside and back. Breezy and chilly out. Ran 5mins/walked 1-2mins. Total distance of 9.1 miles; total time of 1:58

Sunday
Workout 1 – Endurance Ride E2 – Rode 30-A to 98, 98 to the Publix road and then back down 30-A. It was cold again and the headwind sucked. Never became a tailwind. 98 is a little stressfull to ride on. This was my first time on a busy hwy. Total distance of 23.5 miles; total time of 1:41

So, out of a planned 13.5 hr training week, I was able to work in 6.78hrs. It’s not do or die just yet, but I’m about 53 weeks out from IM Florida. I need to get my butt in gear soon.

The weather didn’t cooperate too much while we were at the beach. The most gorgeous day turned out to be the day that I left…figures. Here is a pick of my little man at the beach
Here we are at JC's Off the Hook to cheer on our Auburn Tigers
Eric’s Quote of the Day: "We all have dreams. But in order to make dreams come into reality, it takes an awful lot of determination, dedication, self-discipline, and effort" ~ Jesse Owens

No comments:

Post a Comment