Monday, May 4, 2009

Is that scale right?

Well, today is my weigh in day.  I was able show a good bit of self-control over the weekend which is (sadly) a pretty big accomplishment.  I usually give in to the fast food demons for lunch and sometimes dinner, but not this weekend.  The scale showed 253.5 this morning.  That’s 6 pounds over the past 7 days.  WooHoo!  I’m eating a lot better, not drinking many cokes (trying to phase out all together), and training everyday.  Like you, I’ve heard/read everywhere to keep a food journal.  Mine isn’t fancy.  It doesn’t list calories, fat, protein, etc. It just lists what I ate for each meal & snack.  It really does help especially when you combine it with a training log.  If I have a good training day, I can check to see the “fuel” I used for the day.  This way, I know what would be best to eat race days.  Once I have a bit more time, I’ll probably try to incorporate more descriptive items to food journal (i.e. calories, fat, fiber, etc.).  It will definitely be something I have to do next year training for IM. 

Has anyone else noticed that the ticker to the left has dropped below the 3 week mark!  I’m getting pretty pumped.  I know it isn’t a very big tri, but it will be my first three-sport event.  The swim is a 200-meter pool swim, and then an 8.5-mile bike ride followed by a 2-mile run.  I need to start working more on my transitioning.  It’s going to be a bit different being wet from the swim. 

I didn’t go to Masters Swim this morning b/c of weather.  There was thunder and lightning at our house, and I didn’t want to chance getting to the Y and not be able to swim.  Monday’s are recovery days, so it all works out.

I had a disappointing run at lunch today.  Not b/c of me but the treadmill.  It wouldn’t hold a constant speed.  It’s one thing to fluctuate a 1/10 of a mph but to drop from 6 down to 4.8 up to 5.3 then all around is a bit much.  Oh well, it wasn’t a total bust…dist 1.7miles/time 25 minutes/297cals burned. 

Eric’s Quote of the Day: “Betrayal isn’t just a river in Egypt.” ~Michael Scott

1 comment:

  1. Hey!! I thought I posted a comment the other night..I guess my computer wizardry isn't what I thought!! Anyway, I was very impressed with the previous post and more so with this one!! You are going to shame me into getting back in the groove and try another "walk"!!! Someday....maybe!!!!!Keep up the good work!
    -MOM

    ReplyDelete